Chitosan together with cellulose are the most abundant polysacccharides (complex carbohydrate) on earth. It is made from chitin found in the shells of crustaceans, insects and in the cellular walls of some fungal species. As a natural compound, it is non-toxic and biodegradable, completely safe for the environment. This is why it is becoming widely applied not only as a supporting agent in dieting, but also in human and veterinary medicine, cosmetology or biotechnology in the broad sense. Nutrition specialists tend to call chitosan the sixth - after proteins, fats, sugars, mineral compounds and vitamins, life-essential element.
TIENS Chitosan is produced from the shells of red leg crabs. It is characterised by a very high - 85% degree of chitin deacetylation. The higher thedeacetylation degree of this organic compound, the stronger the biochemical activity of the obtained chitosan. Hence, the formula is remarkably effective.
Chitosan present in the preparation is not digested nor absorbed by the human body. After entering the stomach, it significantly increases its volume in the presence of water, and effectively stops hunger. Additionally, chitin fibres wrap themselves around fat molecules, which renders them undigestible for the digestive enzymes. One chitosan molecule binds few times more fat compared to its own weight, and the bound fat is later excreted from the body. At the same time, the substance does not limit the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins A, D and E, which has been confirmed by scientific research.
- Thanks to its properties chitosan facilitates weight control, it is also recommended for individuals suffering from lipid disorders.
- The ingredient facilitates the transport of stomach contents further into the intestinal tract. Additionally, it aids reinforcement of the intestinal lining and improves peristalsis.
- Chitin fibres have the ability to bind and eliminate bile acids and cholesterol from the digestive system. Thereby, they lower LDL cholesterol level in the blood. Regular use of the preparation helps to control blood sugar metabolism and blood circulation.
- Chitosan cleanses the digestive system and the entire body from heavy metals such as lead or mercury as well as from toxins through their binding and excretion in the faeces. It can also activate the body‘s natural defence.
- The addition of chitosan in the diet, especially one with a high degree of deacetylation, is beneficial to the bacterial flora in the digestive system.
Take 1-2 capsules twice daily, preferably in the morning on an empty stomach. For weight management, the capsules should be taken 20 minutes before a meal with warm water.
Not recommended for children under 12 years.
Chitosan and doses of other medication or preparations are to be taken 2 hours apart, since being absorbent, chitosan can reduce their assimilation.
Not to be used together with TIENS Double Cellulose.